Are you’re tired of that weak, rough nails and you’d like to get your way around it? Would you like to get a beautiful, stronger and youthful nails?
If you just said ‘yes’ to any of that, then you are at the right place! On this page, you will find 6 DIY nail soak for beautiful, stronger nails.
One thing we are sure of is that the entire DIY nail soak listed here will seriously change your nails!
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains excellent amount of saturated fats and it promotes healthy skin by helping it and the surrounding skin to retain natural moisture even better.
In addition to that, studies reveal that this oil is potent enough to reduce the risk of fungal infections of the nails.
This can be linked with the antimicrobial properties it contains, some of which include lauric, capric, and capryllic acids
How to Prepare/Use It
- Get warm extra-virgin coconut oil and massage it into your hands before going to bed every day.
2. Orange, Garlic and Olive oil
Orange juice is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins which promote nail growth and improve the quality of the nails.
Its acidic content is also effective for exfoliating the nail beds and softening cuticles. Aside from the fact that orange juice strengthens the nail and makes it grow faster, it goes a long way in making the nails look more attractive.
Garlic on the other hand, contains excellent amount of selenium, which helps in boosting the strength and brittleness of nails.
Additionally, it is a good source of potent phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties – all of which plays a crucial role in nail growth and overall wellbeing.
How about olive oil? It is a great moisturizer, and has been severally proven to be effective for penetrating into the skin and moisturizing it to help soften the cuticles and add strength to the nail to shield it from breakage.
That’s not all; this natural ingredient also promotes adequate flow of blood and oxygen to the nails to help it grow faster, repair the necessary cells and add more strength to it.
That being said, the ingredients required for this remedy includes –orange juice [quarter cup], clove chopped garlic [one], and olive oil [quarter cup].
How to Prepare It
- Get a bowl and mix orange juice with the garlic, then soak your nails for close to 15 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hands and soak them for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this for 2-3 times every week, until you are satisfied with the results.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is known for its versatile nature, and more importantly it has been proven to be ideal for people who want to get beautiful, stronger nails.
Part of the things it does is to penetrate into the skin in order to nourish, hydrate and strengthen he nail.
Its vitamin E content also helps in boosting blood circulation and increasing the content of vitamins in the bloodstream. This in turn has a way of speeding up the growth process in nails.
How to Prepare It
- Massage warm olive oil into your nails and cuticles for close to 5 minutes.
- After that, apply cotton gloves, and then go to bed.
- On the other way round, you may decide to soak your nails warm olive oil for about 20-30 minutes.
- Try out either of the two options once daily to see results.
4. Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary
Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary are powerful combo for those looking for beautiful, stronger nails.
To start with, Lavender is known to be effective for treating cuts, inflammation, dry skin and other related skin conditions while Lemon contains antiseptic properties that help to whiten nails that are stained or discolored.
Additionally, the Rosemary in this combo is antiseptic, and it is been used since ages past for strengthen nails among other benefits.
To prepare the Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary recipe for DIY nail soak, you will need the following ingredients – hot water [a cup], lavender buds [1 teaspoon], dried or fresh rosemary [half teaspoon], fresh lemon juice [a teaspoon], olive oil [a teaspoon], vitamin E [4 drops], fresh lemon slices (optional).
How to Prepare It
- Boil the specified quantity of water on your cooker.
- Pour the lavender buds and rosemary into a glass bowl or dish that you can dip your hands into.
- Pour water on the herbs and let it steep for close to 20 minutes.
- Now, pour in lemon juice, olive oil, vitamin E and lemon slices and stir in a gentle manner.
- Place your fingers in to the nail soak mixture, and then soak it for about 10 minutes.
- Remove your hands from the mixture, and after that massage oil into your nails and hands before you rinse it off.
- Make use of cuticle oil regularly (daily for super damaged nails, thrice a week for maintenance).
5. Orange Juice
Orange Juice is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps in boosting the production of collagen in the body.
By so doing, it helps in keeping the nail healthy and promoting rapid growth. That being said, it will interest you to know that Orange Juice also contains folic acid, which aids general cell growth and provide the entire body with other crucial benefits.
How to Use It
- Soak your nails in fresh orange juice for about 10 minutes, rinse it off with warm water, and then apply moisturizer.
- Keep doing this every day, until you are satisfied with the results.
6. Lemon Juice
Just like Orange Juice and some other ingredients on the list, Lemon juice is loaded with lots of vitamin C.
It contains lightening properties, minimizes yellow nails, improves shininess, and keeps the nail longer and healthier.
How to Use It
- Soak your nails in a tablespoon of lemon juice and three tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a microwave, slightly heat the mixture, and allow it to sit for close to 10 minutes.
- Aside from that, you might also decide to rub a slice of lemon on your nails for close to 10 minutes every day.