Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia announces 2,171 more cases; 30 more death

Share with your love one
Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia announces 2,171 more cases; 30 more death

Saudi Arabia announced 2,171 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, raising the total cases in the Kingdom to 91,182, the Ministry of Health said in a statement.

30 more deaths from the novel COVID-19 were also recorded, bringing the total number of fatalities in the country to 579.

The ministry also announced the new recovery of 2,369 coronavirus patients, taking to 68,159 the total number of patients recovered in the Kingdom.
Meanwhile, the Kingdom’s recovery rate, is over 74 percent.

Of the currently active 22,444 cases, 1,321 are in critical conditions, the ministry statement said.

2,171 new coronavirus cases by location:

Saudi Arabia recently began lifting restrictions including allowing movement for residents within the country and travel between its provinces. More shops, including wholesale, retail and malls, have also been allowed to reopen, as long as all precautionary measures are adhered to.

Health Minister Dr. Tawfiq Al-Rabiah last week said the Kingdom does not plan to return to lock-downs and further restrictions. However, he said, this depends largely on society’s knowledge and compliance with precautionary measures in order to resume lifting restrictions.

“We are in the same boat,” Dr. Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said. “If we all comply, then we will make it to safety. “Whoever doesn’t comply” will take us back “to restrictions”.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *